Doctoral Research Application Requirements
The applicants need to meet several requirements to be eligible for this position.
Mobility rule: Researchers can be of any nationality, but they are required to undertake physical, transnational mobility (i.e., move from one country to another) when taking up their appointment.
Consequently, applicants for this position will have to move their centre of life to the greater area of host beneficiaries’ country.
Additionally, researchers shall not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
Doctoral Candidates (DCs) rule: Applicants should have scientific experience (proven by publications) and must, at the date of recruitment, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
Formal rules for PhD admission
- hold a Bachelor/Master’s degree and
- meet the admission requirements of the doctorate degree program of the corresponding university of this position
- The applicant must be willing to work as part of a diverse team on the estate which will involve input into, and attendance at, public events, workshops, festivals, as well as input into social media posts and policies on the estate.
- Publicly speaking about and demonstrating their project and Airfield to the onsite public as well as potentially to the media will also be integral to the role.
- The applicant must be willing to work with staff on the estate in order to increase the awareness of research within the team.
Applicants should have professional knowledge in (Scientific) English language and ideally basic knowledge in the host beneficiary country (if it is in the criteria by the host beneficiary).
Candidates apply electronically and should provide
- a short Letter of Application
- a Cover Letter, where the applicant presents her / his profile and provides a motivation for application
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- Master’s degree transcripts that are validated
- any additional documents that proof the eligibility for the corresponding doctorate degree program and
- proof of sufficient English language skills
- two letters of Recommendation
- Proof of current residency/residence country (i.e., official document with the applicant’s name, surname, and address)
The successful applicant will be employed on fixed-term employment contract and will be enrolled in a PhD program. Compensation includes monthly salary and reimbursement of expenses induced by the conduct of studies and research.
A PhD position offers a three-year full-time employment. The candidate is supposed to study and pass successfully numerous of doctoral courses and to design and execute an advanced research project that will constitute the doctoral dissertation. The PhD program represents a high workload that typically expects major efforts for the candidates to complete the degree successfully.
Contract Type: Fixed term- 36 months
Contact Term: Full time